Thursday, June 21, 2012

Refashioned shrugs

Refashion Project: Shrugs from Tshirts

shrug from tshirt

I'm always on the lookout of inexpensive 100% cotton tees to re-purpose. There are just so many fun uses of Tshirts that one can never have too many of them. Recently I bought 10 of them in XXL size from graveyardmall for $20. And I had a lot of fun refashioning some of them into a shrug.

This shrug tutorial was on my to-do list for a while and finally with my latest batch of Tshirts I made it. The shrug is just perfect, looks very similar to the tutorial. Which makes me happy.The only thing is that its kind of hard to take pics of without wearing it. Well, you could always jump to the original tut for the modeled shots.

So one thing pinned from Pinterest! Done and done!! What are you making from your pinterest trove?

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I Like this. Great idea. Sheila from: 6 1 Oh Sew Sheila Sew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little shrugs. Your variegated ribbon really makes it special. If you're looking for another place to share your creative projects, stop by Etcetorize. Would love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute,thanks for sharing!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and I love the color =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link - I will be keeping my eyes open for some large shirts now. What How many sizes bigger than your regular size do you need to go to make a good fit? I love the colour of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @seaweed and raine : I just take the tee one size bigger. I think this will work with your own size too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little shrug! Great work!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)